Gluten Free Date Slice Serves 24
Healthier treats are becoming very popular these days, but many of them still use artificial sugars. This date slice is only sweetened with dates.
Seeds are a great source of fibre, they also contain healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Some are high in omega 3. Seeds are also filled with many important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Incorporating seeds into this bar makes it a very nutrient dense snack.
- 150g pitted dates.
- 50g toasted almonds.
- 50g shredded coconut.
- 20g chia seeds.
- 20g pepita seeds.
- 40g sunflower seeds.
- 20g cacao powder.
- 20g cacao nibs.
- 1/2 tsp of essence (peppermint, strawberry, orange, etc)
- Place all your ingredients into a food processor and blitz on high for around 2 minutes until all the ingredients become incorporated and sticky.
- Prepare a slice pan with baking paper, tip your mix out onto the tray and spread out. Pushing down on it with a flat bottomed glass to compact.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded coconut and refrigerate until firm.
- Lift the slice out of the tray and slice into 24 squares.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you want to impress guests, you can roll these into balls and then roll in some shredded coconut, for a more presentable treat.
You could melt some chocolate and pour over the top of the slice.
If you’re not gluten intolerant, adding some oats makes this a great pre or post workout meal.
If you have a really sweet tooth, you might like to add a tablespoon or two of honey, but for us it is sweet enough.
(Per Serve Approx.)
Cal 56 kJ 234