Italian Chicken Thighs Serves 6.
A super easy and delicious protein meal, so versatile with what you can serve alongside it. A real family pleaser. Preparation is minimal and then it’s simply letting the oven do the job! Very easy weeknight meal.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on.
- 1 cup salsa.
- 60g finely sliced chorizo salami.
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning.
- Pre heat oven to 180 C.
- De bone your chicken thighs, by simply cutting around the bone and pulling it out.
- Prepare a baking tray, line with baking paper if you wish.
- Peel the skin away from the chicken thighs, leaving it attached at one end.
- Spread the salami out evenly over the thighs, top with salsa and fold the skin back over to cover it.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Italian seasoning and bake in the oven for 45 mins.
- Serve alongside steamed veg and rice. Or for a lower carb option, a garden salad.
These freeze very well assembled and ready to cook, so prepare them up to step 5 and then freeze.
The addition of sliced black olives and anchovies gives them more of a pizza twist, which is a great little change once in awhile.
Assembling Italian chicken thighs
Italian chicken thighs ready to cook
(Per serve Approx.)
Calories 425 Kilojoules 1778
Fat 25g Protein 44g Carb 1g