Lamb and Walnut Koftes Serves 4
Super flavourful, high protein and quick to prepare, this meal ticks all the boxes! Take mince meat to a new level with this super easy recipe. We almost always have some naan bread in the freezer, so this dish is easily prepared in 20 minutes. Simple make a salad while the Koftes are cooking and you’ll be eating a delicious healthy meal in no time!
- 500g lamb mince.
- Handful walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped.
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, finely diced.
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, grated.
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- 2 tsp dried mint.
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary.
- Prepare your capsicum, onion and garlic.
- Place your mince into a small bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Mix well and shape into 12 cylindrical shaped patties, place them onto a cold grill and turn the heat on med-low. You don’t want to cook them too fast, let them cook slowly for about 4 minutes on all sides.
- Serve alongside a cucumber or greek salad, with some garlic naan bread and tzatziki sauce.
Feel free to use fresh herbs in place of dried if they are available.