Roasted Cauliflower and sweet potato salad. Serves 4-6
When winter hits and cauliflower is abundant, this is my favourite way to use it! The warm spices and herbs are great winter fare, warming your tummy from the inside. For those who are not soup fans, this is a great alternative for an easy lunch or dinner. Or simply as a side alongside some protein.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into small florets.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced.
- 1 400g can chick peas, drained.
- 1 cup chopped coriander.
- 1 cup chopped rocket or parsley.
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 2 tsp onion flakes.
- 1 tsp curry powder.
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1 tsp sweet paprika.
- Juice of a lime.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Prepare your vegetables and add them into a large bowl.
- Place your spices (not the rocket and coriander) on to the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Add the oil and chick peas and toss again to combine.
- Spread out onto a large baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins, turning occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are ready, tip them back into the large bowl. Toss through the coriander and rocket, pour on the lime juice and extra olive oil if you wish. Taste, season if needed.
- Serve warm.
Fresh herbs are a must for this salad, parsley can be grown almost year round, so it’s a great option if you don’t have access to the others. However for me, the coriander is the key ingredient!
Stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Nice cold, but best warmed.
Prep 10 mins.
cook 25 mins.
Calories 222 kJs 928
7g Fat 7g Protein 36g Carbs