Slow Cooker Lamb with Lemon and Herbs- Serves 8
Make this meal your next family favourite! We usually fight each other for leftovers (nicely of course!) in the following days.
- 1.6kg Shoulder or Leg of Lamb (make sure it’ll fit in your slow cooker!)
- 2 red onions, chunky diced.
- 2 tsp minced garlic.
- 2 tsp garlic powder.
- 2 tsp sweet paprika.
- 2 tsp dried oregano.
- 2 tsp dried mint.
- 2 sprigs rosemary.
- 3-4 bay leaves.
- 2 tsp onion powder.
- 2 Tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar).
- juice of 3 lemons.
- Place all your dry ingredients into a small bowl and mix together.
- Put your onions, bay leaves and ACV and lemon juice into your slow cooker, place your lamb on top.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the lamb and rub it in, turn the lamb over and make sure it’s well coated in spices. Place your sprigs of Rosemary in, place the lid on and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Turning half way if you can.
- When the lamb has got an hour left to go, pre-heat your oven to 200C. If you are going to serve it with vegetables, now is a great time to prepare them, and even start cooking them while the oven is warming.
- Prepare a roasting tray and transfer your Lamb into the tray, juices also, you can leave out the sprigs of rosemary and chunks of onion if you want.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 mins, this reduces the sauce and adds some nice charring to your lamb.
- Serve up with your choice of sides.
Get the largest portion of meat you can fit into your slow cooker, as you’ll all be fighting for leftovers the next day!
The baking in the oven step could be missed, but the flavour from the reduced sauce and extra colour are really well worth it.
The meat can be portioned up and frozen too once it’s cooled.
Per Serve (Approx.)
393 Calories 1644 kJs
25g Fat 39g Protein 4g Carb