Growing your own greens is so simple and rewarding. A small window planter or veggie box on a deck can create an abundance of food. Greens are fast growing and provide you with a great source vitamins and minerals, namely folate and iron. When I have them in abundance throughout Spring and Autumn I absolutely love to make this simple green salad.
Without further ado, I’ll dive straight into the recipe and let it speak for itself!
Super greens salad
- 1 cup rocket sliced.
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced.
- 1/2 cup beetroot leaves thinly sliced (can sub for spinach).
- 1/2 cup mustard greens thinly sliced.
- 1 cup kale thinly sliced.
- 30 g feta crumbled.
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives.
- 2 celery sticks finely sliced.
- 1 1/2 Tbsps olive oil.
- 1 1/2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar.
- salt and pepper to season
- Prepare all your vegetables and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your feta, olives, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Season, toss to coat and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve as a side.